These Little Fingers.

Mum to three little wonders, blogging about things I love to care and share.

Sunday, 15 December 2013

Felt Story Mat

Felt Story Mat



Hi everyone.  Today i am sharing a fun project you can make for your kids...

Little did i think i could make good use of this green flannel blanket which my son got in his goodie bag ,  while traveling on an Emirates Airline flight...

During winter, i  kept it in my car and used  it as a travel blankei for my kids . Then in summer, it became a sun shield and later ended up in our living room floor ,  which we used  as a green field for my kid's plastic farm animals.

 Eventually i have transformed  this cosy friend as a felt story mat .
Incy Wincy Spider
And made some interesting felt characters .


Felt Story Mats are really interesting ,engaging and fun way to share a story with your child.


My five year old and two year old having fun...

What you  will need...

Felt

I found it easier to fold the felt and cut them out


I used velcro sticky dots, so that my son could have fun fixing the wheels and windows..


Baa Baa White Sheep....
 Enjoy singing silly nursery rhymes "Baa Baa white sheep...."






More Ideas......

Cut out shapes and have fun making patterns..






 Making pairs

Great way to match colours

A fun way to match colours





Run run run as fast as you can......
Make funny faces for   Ginger Bread Man with shapes.....
You could use felt shapes instead of those plastic googly eyes which i have used...




May be one day i might transform this into a Story Board, but for now let it be a Story Mat...

This project did not cost me a fortune, i just purchased  the felt pack for a good price from Spotlight. I am sure  ,we mothers do own a felt blankie after all.

This is a great project to spend quality time with your kids...

This is just the beginning, you can keep adding characters,stories, rhymes, and what not...

Thank you for visiting my blog...